Saturday 25 February 2012

Documenting Diabetes - Magazine Research (Adam Fine)

During my downtime from work I have been reading quite a lot. Every month I get my Balance magazine which tells me about the latest thoughts on Diabetes. In the February edition there was a little article about independent producer Adam Fine, who is looking for volunteers with diabetes to feature in a documentary about ‘how people deal with diabetes both psychologically and physically during different life stages. The documentary will also look at the impact of recent developments in diabetes care and technology.’

A few years ago I made a film about my experiences with diabetes, filming my consultant, Dr H. Baumer. You can catch my two part film on Youtube.

Living with Diabetes Part 1
Living with Diabetes Part 2

I look at lot younger in my film and my filming technique has improved since then, but the film was used by the diabetic nurse team at Derriford hospital to show teenagers with type 1 diabetes how we sometimes feel with this condition.
I thought that I might e mail Adam to find out a bit more about his project.

I have not yet seen any of the trilogy but am excited to get my hands on them as soon as they are released (and when I have a job to buy them! )

Check out his website here

No comments:

Post a Comment