Monday 12 April 2010

The Big Bang


Today was my first day at Big Bang Post Production in Bristol. A warm welcome from Laura the receptionist started off the day when I entered the building, followed by some general probing chitchat about myself. It was a relativelylaid back day as most of the production company was busy with their Monday morning tasks. I was first assigned as a runner to sort out the teas and coffees, which didn’t take long. I then met Rosie who is also a runner to get food for the clients and members of staff.


Big bang consists of two buildings. The first deals with Big Bang productions only. Each room is filled with stereo equipment, monitors, computers, mixers and even their own couch!...Cushti. The second building is mainly for the clients of Big Bang. The clients of big bang rent out the edit suite rooms to complete post production. My job was to make them feel comfortable by getting them refreshments and food. The rest of the day was spent cleaning and making yet more drinks which was soul crushing to say the least but I tried my hardest to be enthusiastic and to ask as many questions as possible.

I hope that tomorrow will bring responsibility and insight into the company so I can really experience what its like to work for Big Bang.


See the rest of my work experience here

No comments:

Post a Comment