Thursday 15 April 2010

Big Bang Post Production - Day Three


Today was a great start. I had something planned out for me which excited me. I first started the day with obvious runner tasks cleaning kitchens and making teas & coffees.
I then met with Fred at 10:30 to oversee the colour grading process of a programme called Barney's South America.

I then sat in with Frank the online dubbing editor. His job today was to get the finished video edit, levelled and compressed for broadcast. The maximum level for broadcast in this country is -10db so the channel that is broadcasting the programme has enough headroom to gain/trim the audio if needed but also so that the sound does not distort on home televisions. Each track in the mix has to be levelled separately. Each run through of the mix is observed on a monitor so that the editor can see which sounds need to be increased or decreased. Each run through refines the mix so that the dialogue, music and effects can be heard accurately. Each sound has a dedicated track in the mixing software allowing other countries to dub in their own dialogue meaning that the production can be sold worldwide.

See the rest of my work experience here

No comments:

Post a Comment