Sunday 7 February 2010

God is a Dj


It’s a refreshing subject that people often misunderstand, whether it's what a Dj does, how hard it is to be a Dj or what lifestyle they lead.

People who I have questioned in passing conversation would make comments such as:

“It’s easy”
“I could do it”
“All they do is play songs”

On the surface of Djing, you could justify these brash comments, but dig a little deeper and find a different story of appreciation, production and a lot time & money.

The concept of Djing seems easy, but actually mastering it, is hard. The project I am starting will document the changing role of the Dj in the new decade.
My target audience is predominantly 18+. Although the documentary would be suitable for an older age range I think it would most appeal to the younger audience (17-27 years) as this is the typical age range that are immersed in the club culture.

To keep the interviews fresh, interesting and as exciting as possible for the audience I want to seek out local talent whether it be, Djs, promoters, club/bar managers or the public. My aim is to obtain as many diverse viewpoints as possible on camera to achieve a montage with a fast paced flowing edit. I especially want to explore how music shapes lifestyle, how it influences people, their actions and their friends.

The documentary I will produce will use a similar structure to the video below but will be centred around the underground scene, producers and locally run events by the people rather than huge events run by commercial club company promotions.
Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment