Tuesday 27 October 2009

Philip Bloom


I have been looking at Philip Bloom's work recently and found his website, which is brilliant.

It has tutorials, videos and all sorts to look at and get lost in. Some of his videos remind me of the project I did last year, Window On The World. Although his work really inspires and motivates me from a photographic/cinematic point of view, I did find some of his work slightly self-indulgent.

Below is a great advert for Green Peace highlighting climate change. I really liked how the text was incorporated into the subject and how it comes into focus like the human eye. Well edited, not overly long, great pace which matches the soundtrack and beautiful high def shots.

Greenpeace: Voices of change. Shot on Canon 5dmkII from Philip Bloom on Vimeo.



Check out his site here
Check out more of his DSLR films here
Also Check out the 'Magic Bus' short here

1 comment:

  1. I've been checking out his stuff to. I would literally kill for a 5d markii and probably maim for a 7d

    ReplyDelete