Saturday 21 March 2009

Why I am not posting my stills montage


I enjoyed doing the stills exercise but as this is an editing exercise of our work we have to upload this to a third party site, thus diminishing the quality and sound of our finely tuned edits.
The whole point of photography is to enjoy it in high quality! Not crushing the quality to a crummy mess of distorted pixels and tinny audio.

It seems counter productive to put up a great quality piece of work onto a site that encodes it into such laughable quality. I will do some research on finding out how to export and compress my video well for sites such as ‘Youtube’ but for the mean time I have found a site called ‘Stagevu.’

Stagevu is a site that “you can share all your favourite videos, but at a higher quality than an ordinary video site” *cough* YOUTUBE!

Unfortunately, when trying to upload to it there seemed to be a problem with the space on their servers. Hopefully in a few days there should be some free space for me.

See Stagevu here

1 comment:

  1. Try Vimeo you can upload in HD and they give you 500mb space per week for free. Also its a nice little community for feedback and stuff as opposed to the kinda less helpful comments people get on youtube.

    ReplyDelete