Wednesday 19 November 2008

Will We Still Remember? – Thursday 6th November


Today was a nerve wracking day as we went to pitch our idea to a panel of lecturers.
The podcast idea was based around the subject of Remembrance Day. Our tag line was “Will we still remember?”

As we commemorate 90 years since the ending of the First World War (1918) I thought it was suitable to do my podcast about Remembrance Day. The podcast will explore how different generations and social groups feel about why, how and if we should continue to reflect on those who have died for their country.

So far I have managed to get various recordings from the Remembrance Sunday service and many other recordings from 11th November which took a lot of time and patience. At the same time I had to be respectful to the public commemorating Armistice Day without being too intrusive. I hope to do more recordings in the form of phone interviews with my Grandad, a friend who has recently joined the RAF, and a range of vox pops covering different generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment