Thursday 23 October 2008

Poetry Podcast - Thursday 23rd October



It turns out that poetry gets deeper than "Roses are red, violets are blue"

I think that poetry is somewhat under the radar within youth these days. There is so much out there in the media world today that you don’t hear of poetry a great deal apart from learning some lines at your local primary school. To keep kids entertained today poetry gets set aside and the xbox gets all the attention and hype it needs. While poetry is a bit underground in my case, I think that this adds to the charm of its alternative qualities.

From the vox pop section I found out that the majority thought poetry on the whole was “pretentious.”
I personally think it’s a great expressive literature type. Poetry can not only emote more than what the words mean literally, but can create third meanings and feelings that normal writing cannot.

I didn't add any formulaic 'intros' or 'outros' to the piece as I think this would annoy the general audience. The first thing that I would want to hear on a podcast that I have just downloaded is the actual subject matter, not someone enforcing the podcast name or place down my ear drums, people just don't care!
I think its important to note at this point that promoting a podcast name when needs be can be a very useful Marketing tool.

Here is a small 'radio like' podcast on the subject of poetry, including a condensed interview and a vox pop.

Listen to the podcast


Download it here
Look at poetry here

No comments:

Post a Comment